Monday, February 27, 2012

Suprise Salad Sandwich Filling

A great meatless option (vegan) for your lunch and one of my new favorites!
I call it "Surprise" Salad Sandwich Filling because it will definitely surprise you at how much this genuinely tastes like your traditional chicken salad sandwich filling. The kind normally found snuggled between a flaky croissant at gatherings.
My 15 yr old daughter came in the kitchen while I was preparing this and asked "What are you making? it smells really good!"  The look, smell & taste would fool even the fussiest of omnivores and it has over 5g of protein and 5g of fiber per serving!
I don't know about you, but I tend to get stuck in a rut with my lunches and this has been a welcomed change!

1 - 15.5 oz can of garbanzo beans  drained and mashed
2 - Tbsp of Veganaise -  (Mayo or Miracle Whip may be substituted but are not vegan)
2 - tsp Spicy brown mustard
1 - Tbsp sweet pickle relish
2 - green onions - chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste

In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.  Refrigerate any leftovers

4 servings

No comments: